Cheap Flights to Sion
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to Sion
UK & Ireland departure airports for flights to Sion
Sion travel guide
Useful information about Sion
Temp on Avg for this month inSion4.8 °CSource: World Weather Online
Avg monthly rainfall inSion58.3 mmSource: World Weather Online
Average flight time toSion1 hr 53 mins
Foreign-exchange rate inSion₣1.00 = £0.68Source: Oanda
More useful information about Sion
- As capital of the Valais region, historic Sion is an excellent destination for a city break in Switzerland.
- Built by a 13th-century bishop, ruined medieval stronghold Tourbillon Castle offers panoramic views of the Rhone Valley.
- Endulge in wine tasting tours at the region’s many wineries and sample Valais specialities such as Dole and Fendant.
- Nearby St Leonard boasts Europe’s largest underground lake, found in 1945, Tours are available to the public
- Sample local melted cheese delicacies such as fondue and raclette at one of Sion’s traditional restaurants.
- Sion’s Cathedral of Notre-Dame-du-Glarier dates back to the 1000's and is noted for its superb gilded triptych.
- Skiers in Sion have easy access to nearby resorts such as Nendaz, Verbier, Val d'Herens, and Val d'Anniviers.
- Sorcerer’s Tower, built in the 12th century, is a remnant of the old city walls that once fortified Sion.
- The 12th-century Church-Fortress of Valais contains what is claimed to be the world’s oldest playable church organ.
- Visit the links above to book cheap flights to Sion and make savings on a wonderful holiday in Switzerland.
How much do things cost in Sion?
- Gasoline (1 litre) in Sion: £1.22
- Cappuccino (regular) in Sion: £2.57
- Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g) in Sion: £0.74
- Water (0.33 litre bottle) in Sion: £2.60
- Domestic Beer (0.5 litre draught) in Sion: £4.05
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff) in Sion: £3.38
- 1 Pair of Jeans (Levis 501 Or Similar) in Sion: £64.13
- 1 Pair of Nike Shoes in Sion: £40.52
- Imported Beer (0.33 litre draught) in Sion: £2.70
- Imported Beer (0.33 litre bottle) in Sion: £0.81