After surveying its readership, Australian Traveller magazine has come up with Australia’s 100 Best Travel Secrets.
Readers shared more than 1,000 underrated and lesser-known locations and experiences. A panel of eleven respected Australian travel experts then settled on the top 100.
The Top 10 Best Secrets in Australia are:
1) Whites Beach, Byron Bay – New South Wales
2) Wilpena Pound, Flinders Ranges – South Australia
3) Swimming with Minke Whales – Queensland
4) Baird Bay Eco Experience – South Australia
5) Wolgan Valley Resort and Spa – New South Wales
6) Cape Range National Park – Western Australia
7) Shelly Beach near Manly – New South Wales
8) Karijini National Park – Western Australia
9) Paperbark Camp – New South Wales
10) Secret Bush Camps of Arnhemland – Northern Territory
Written by insider city guide series Hg2 | A Hedonist’s guide to…
(The featured image of Whites Beach is by David Young / Australian Traveller)