Travelling is great but let’s face it, sometimes flying can get a tad… arduous. From monster queues to minor delays, whenever we set off for the airport, we go knowing that there is always a chance of these inconveniences.
However, when the world is on our side and their are no hiccups to our schedule, we can always give ourselves a mini fist pump and be thankful that our journey was plain sailing. These 19 wins are truly the sign of a smooth journey.Search for flights
1. When your almost-too-big hand luggage shockingly fits in the bag sizer at check-in.
2. When you start queuing for security just before a big wave of people hits.
3. When you remember to put your liquids bag and electronics at the top of your bag.
4. When your gate is a close walk from security and conveniently located next to the bar, the toilet and WH Smiths.
5. When there’s unlimited free Wi-Fi.
6. When you get the only available plug at your gate.
7. When the flight attendant checking your passport tells you that you have a nice photo.
8. When there’s room for your hand luggage right over your seat.
9. When there’s only one guy in your row and he moves to go sit with his wife.
10. When the movie you’ve been wanting to watch for ages is available as in-flight entertainment.
11. When the in-flight meal is something you might have cooked for yourself at home.
12. When the in-flight beverage is complimentary.
13. When you queue for the toilet and someone lets you go ahead of them.
14. When the in-flight Wi-Fi actually works.
15. When you get through an entire flight without any turbulence.
16. When they hand out warm towels before landing.
17. When people are polite and let you out of your row to exit the plane.
18. Another perk of having a hand luggage? No need to wait around at baggage claim. How lucky are you?
19. When you find yourself finally on holiday.
What other flying wins can you think of? Let us know in the comments.