1. The seas are crystal clear and the air is pristine.
2. Its waters are dotted with icebergs that clink together like ice cubes in a giant glass.
3. You have to pick your time to visit. Kerlingarfjöll, in the Highlands, is a paradise for hikers, but, tantalisingly, it’s only accessible for three or four months each year.
4. Other countries have fields, Iceland has VOLCANO fields.
5. And fields that STEAM.
6. Some of the scenery is best described as “lunar”.
7. Its staggeringly beautiful landscapes dwarf humans. See, you can barely see the people; they’re the specks at the bottom right.
8. Last but not least, the hardy horses are happy, with lots of room to roam around.
8 reasons why Iceland is the best country on earth was last modified: June 26th, 2019 by