Cayman Islands climate
The Cayman Islands has pleasant, beach-friendly temperatures all year round. The soothing trade winds keep the temperature from getting too hot. From May to November you’ll run into the rainy season, which also coincides with the hurricane season.
When to fly to Cayman Islands
Between the months of December and April is peak season for Cayman Islands flights.
From May to November is rainy season and sometimes hurricane season so visitors are advised to keep an eye on the weather before arrival. Many regard the wet season as the best time to find cheap flights to the Cayman Islands when room rates are cheaper, the beaches less crowded and the rain comes in short, sharp bursts.
Cayman Islands insider information
- The Cayman Islands has some of the best diving in the world. Bloody Bay Marine Park, off the north shore of Little Cayman is a firm favourite among avid divers.
- The main beach on Grand Cayman is Seven Mile Beach which boasts miles of white sand. However, it can get very crowded as it’s the first stop for many of the cruise ships. Rum Point is another good option and is ideal for children. Its facilities include changing areas, volleyball nets, hammocks and a lively beach bar.
- Sports enthusiasts will have plenty to keep them busy. Backpacking, hiking, kayaking, golfing and bird watching are offered on the three islands. A good place to go trekking is Queen Elizabeth II Botanic Park on Grand Cayman.
- Hell on Grand Cayman is an area containing black lava formations, hence the name, and attracts many tourists curious to see Hell on earth. Although visitors have left quite disappointed, it does make for a good postcard to send home to friends.
- The Cayman Islands are synonymous with weddings and honeymoons. Guaranteed sunshine, white sand beaches and swaying palm trees make it the perfect romantic destination. If you’d rather skip a beach wedding, ceremonies in a small chapel or church are also possible. Just make sure the legal requirements are in place beforehand and a marriage license, proof of citizenship, proof of marital status and two witnesses are required. For more information go to our Weddings Abroad travel tip which has all the advice you’ll need to plan your big day.