We work with more than 300 partners to bring you better travel deals
Cheap flights to North Dakota
|Cheapest price||£640||From London to West Fargo|
When is the best time to fly to North Dakota?
Choose a month below to see average flight price and weather conditions.
£434 - £1412
-6 - 29 °C
12 - 100 mm
Which day is cheapest to fly to North Dakota?
The cheapest flights to North Dakota are usually found when departing on a Tuesday. The departure day with the highest cost at present is Saturday.
What time of day is cheapest to fly?
North Dakota flights can be made cheaper if you choose a flight at midday. Booking a flight in the evening will likely mean higher prices.
Famed for its extreme weather, North Dakota has thunderstorms and sweltering heat in summer and biting cold in winter – along with the odd blizzard. That didn’t deter its 19th-century settlers, who flooded in from Northern Europe to claim homesteads, forcing the Native American tribes into reservations.
In the north, the city of Minot plays host to both the North Dakota State Fair in July and the Norsk Hostfest in October, a lively celebration of the state’s Scandinavian immigrant heritage. Festival-goers munch on lefse and lutefisk as they listen to a somewhat less authentically Scandinavian musical line-up: this year’s acts range from the Beach Boys to Irish crooner Daniel O’Donnell.
Former frontier town Fargo, meanwhile, is best known for its cinematic links. Inextricably associated with the Coen brothers’ film Fargo (even though almost all of the action takes place in Minnesota), the city also holds an annual film festival in its lovely 1920s theatre.
North Dakota’s big tourist attraction, though, is Theodore Roosevelt National Park. Beloved of hikers, cyclists and horse riders, its panoply of wildlife includes elk, bison and wild horses.
Search and compare: cheap flights to North Dakota
North Dakota has hot summers (the record high was 53 degrees Celsius) with little rainfall and periods of drought. The winters are cold, with the average temperature in the single digits in January. Bismarck gets around 111cm (44 inches) of snow. At the top of the tornado alley, North Dakota’s peak tornado season is June, July, and August.
Summer is the peak tourist season in North Dakota, but so few people visit the state that crowds are not bad, even in the Badlands. Summer is also prime canoeing weather.
The North Dakota State Fair is an annual event in Minot in late July. The United Tribes International Powwow is an annual event in Bismarck the weekend after Labor Day and one of the largest powwows in the US.
Autumn and hunting season are popular, but the winters are so harsh that few people seek North Dakota flights during this time.
The least-visited state in the country, North Dakota has more unexplored wilderness than any other state except Alaska. You need a car to see North Dakota. If you are heading for the Theodore Roosevelt National Park, US 85 takes you through the North Unit and I-94 through the South Unit. For prairies and missile silos, try US 2 (although you cannot actually see the silos).
For outdoor enthusiasts, the popular modes of transport are hiking, biking, canoeing, boating, skiing, snowmobiling, and horseback riding.
There is very limited train service within the state and somewhat less limited bus service.
Find the best prices for you!
Prices found by our users for local departures to North Dakota
Other local departures to North Dakota
Airport for North Dakota
Cheapest flights to United States
Popular flight searches
Check out other popular destinations found by fellow travellers
- Flights from Birmingham to Russia
- Flights from Belfast International to New York
- Flights from Belfast to Australia
- Flights from London to Nairobi
- Flights from Newcastle to Paris
- Flights from Manchester to Dubai
- Flights from Glasgow to Newark
- Flights from London to France
- Flights from London to Singapore
- Flights from Birmingham to Nairobi
International departures to North Dakota
Popular cities in United States
- Cheap flights to Miami
- Cheap flights to Santa Ana
- Cheap flights to New York
- Cheap flights to Salisbury
- Cheap flights to Reno
- Cheap flights to Orlando
- Cheap flights to McGhee Tyson
- Cheap flights to Tampa
- Cheap flights to Los Angeles
- Cheap flights to Phoenix
- Cheap flights to William P. Hobby
- Cheap flights to Redmond
- Cheap flights to Las Vegas
- Cheap flights to Pensacola
- Cheap flights to Flagstaff
Popular places in United States
- Cheap flights to New York State
- Cheap flights to Florida
- Cheap flights to California
- Cheap flights to Nevada
- Cheap flights to Texas
- Cheap flights to District of Columbia
- Cheap flights to Illinois
- Cheap flights to Massachusetts
- Cheap flights to New Jersey
- Cheap flights to Georgia
- Cheap flights to North Carolina
- Cheap flights to Tennessee
- Cheap flights to Hawaii
- Cheap flights to Pennsylvania
- Cheap flights to Ohio
- Cheap flights to Arizona
- Cheap flights to Michigan
- Cheap flights to Colorado
- Cheap flights to Washington
- Cheap flights to Minnesota
- Cheap flights to Louisiana
- Cheap flights to Missouri
- Cheap flights to Utah
- Cheap flights to Oregon