Cheap Flights to San Francisco
Select the airport or region closest to you to compare the prices of cheap flights to San Francisco
San Francisco travel guide
Go to the San Francisco travel guide
Visitors arriving on flights to San Francisco will find that it certainly breaks the mould as far as US cities go. Far more European and eccentric than Los Angeles and New York, San Fran has become synonymous with free-thinking, creative energy and progression. As a cultural centre it takes a lot of beating - some might say it punches above its weight in terms of the sheer quantity and quality of art on show and plays host to many great museums and galleries. Head to the combined Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, comprised of the de Young Museum and the Legion of Honor Museum, or spend an afternoon perusing the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. As you’d expect from a city labelled as forward-thinking and open, the party scene in Frisco is second to none - from its underground music events and concerts to its many gay clubs.
Pack trainers on your San Francisco flight; the steep hills and cable cars make for an interesting time travelling around. If you’re not tired of air travel after your direct flights to San Francisco, you must take a helicopter trip over the Bay to take in the Golden Gate Bridge. Pier 39 is home to seafront shopping and sea lions, a sight that you leave you beaming from ear to ear as you window shop. Plan your dates right and you’ll be able to hit the city’s extravagant Gay Pride event, a colourful and highly entertaining celebration that lasts for two days. A flight to San Francisco is likely to result in one of the best holidays you’ll ever have. It must be said that San Francisco is such an memorable city you will take a piece of it home with you. And that can only be a good thing.
More useful information about San Francisco
- A trip to San Francisco, home to the world-renowned Golden Gate Bridge, offers much more than your usual city break
- Be sure to visit the Museum of Modern Art and see one of the finest collections of modern art anywhere in the world
- Book one way flights to San Francisco and use the city as a base to travel up America’s magnificent West Coast
- California is one of America’s most beautiful states, with astounding mountain ranges, forests and golden beaches
- Enjoy golfing at some excellent local courses like Presidio Golf Course and the Chardonnay Golf Club
- For all San Francisco airport information see our airport guide page
- Journey south of San Francisco Bay Area to visit high-tech Silicon Valley or north to explore ancient Redwood groves
- Looking for business class deals? Check out our business flights to San Francisco
- Make the most of Wine Country tours around the region’s vineyards and sample excellent local Californian wines
- Search and compare the best prices for your flights to USA with Cheapflights.co.uk.